Wednesday 17 June 2020

PRESERVE YOUR DIVINE LIGHT ( You are unique ) Did you know???????????

1
  Preserve Your 
 Divine Light



MY FATHER, JANAB AVUL PAKIRJ AINULABDEEN, taught me a great lesson when i was a young school boy. It was just after india had won its independence. At that time panchayat board elect-
ions took place at Rameswaram. My father was elected a member of the panchayat board and on
the same day he was also elected the president of the Rameswaram panchayat Board. Rameswa-ram Island was beautiful place with population of 30,000. MY father was elected President of the
panchayat Board not because he belonged to particular religion or a particular caste or spoke a
particular language or for his economic status. He was elected only because he had a noble mind
and was good human being. The following incident took places on the day he was elected Presid-
ent of the panchayat board. I was studying my lesson. Those dayes we did not have electricity and
we used to study under kerosene lamps, with kerosene bought in ration. I was reading the lesson
loudly when I heard a knock at the door. In those days, we never used to lock the door of our ho-
use in Rameswaram. somebody opend the door, came in and asked me wheremy father was,I told
him that my father had gone for Namaz Then he said"Ihave brought something for him, can I keep
it there?'' Since my father was away for namaz, I shouted for my mother to get her permission to
receive the items. I asked the person to leave the item on the cot. After that i continued my stud-
ies

    I used to learn by reading aloud in my younger days. I was readingaloud and fully concentrating
on my studies. My father came in an saw a tambalum keep on the cot 
    
    He asked me, ''What is this? Who has given that?

    ''Somebody came and has kept this for you, ''I told him. He opened the cover of the tambalun
and found a costly dhoti, an  angawastram, some fruits and some sweet, He also saw the slip that
the person had left behind. I was the youngest child, and my farther loved me a lot. I also loved and respected my fatheralot . He was upset at the sight of the tambalum amd gifts left by some-one. That was the first time i saw him very angry and it was also the first time i got a  thorough 
beating from him. I got frightened and started weeping. My mother embraced and consoled me.
Then my father came and touched my shoulder lovingly with affection and advised me not to rec-
eive any gift without his permission. He quoted an Islamic Hadith, which states that,

      ''When the almighty appoints a person to a position, He takes care of his provision. If a person takes anything  beyond that, it is an illegal gain.''

     
         Then he told me that taking gifts like these was not a good habit gift is always accompanied by some purpose and so gift is a dangerous thing. It like touching a snake and getting the poison
in turn. This lesson always stands  out in my mind even when i am in my eightis. The incident is      deeply  embedded in my mind, It taught a very valuable lesson for my life . i would  like also to    mention the writing in Manu Smriti, which states that ''By accpting gift the divine light in the person get s extinguished''


        Manu warns every individual against accepting gifts for the reason that it places the acceptor
under an obligation in favour of the person who has given the gift and ultimately this results in 
making person do things not permitted by law 


        i am sharing this thought with all of you, particularly the young people, do not be  carried 
away by any gift which comes under the cover with a purpose and therough which one may lose
one,s integrity   





         There is a difference between need and greed. When god               gives a position to someone, he also takes care of his/her
      need.

      Gifts bring expectation and obligation of favours.
      
      For staying upright and just, do not take gifts given with a
      purpose
good by have a nice day 

0 Comments: